• The YWCA Westmoreland County Technology Center, 424 N. Main St., Greensburg, will offer the following classes in July:
• Yoga with Nancy Micheals – 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays, June 24 to July 29
• Smartphones and Tablets – 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Thursdays, June 24 to July 15
• Cybersecurity Tips for Everyone – 6 to 9 p.m. July 7
• Intermediate Microsoft Word – 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays, July 20 to Aug. 10
• Microsoft Excel for Beginners – 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Wednesdays, July 28 to Aug. 18
• Microsoft Word for Beginners – 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Fridays, July 30 to Aug. 20
• Technology Q & A for Computers, Smartphones and Tablets – 1:30 to 3 p.m. July 13
Private tutoring for computers, tablets, e-readers and smart phones is available. For details and class reservations, call 724-834-9390.
• Paradise United Methodist Church, 205 Hoke Road, Bullskin, will have a yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 18 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 19 at the church. There will be household items, toys, books food and drinks.
• Lincoln Heights Civic Association will host bingo from 1 to 3 p.m. June 17 at the center, 42 Millersdale Road, Jeannette. There will be 20 regular games. Cost is 25 cents for a three-card bingo board. Payout is 50/50. Free coffee.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) of Delmont has resumed weekly meetings at 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Delmont Presbyterian Church, 101 Church St. New members welcome without obligation to join. Details: tops.org
• Laurel Harmony Chorus has resumed in-person rehearsals at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of each month in the Robertshaw Amphitheater in St. Clair Park, Greensburg. Zoom rehearsals continue on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Female singers needed. Walk-ins welcome. Details: 724-610-5766
• Penn Township Senior Citizens will meet June 22 at Community United Methodist Church, 3487 Route 130, Trafford. Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. and the meeting will begin at 2. Lunch: $6. Dues: $2. Masks optional.
• Rostraver Sportmen’s Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. June 21 at the club, 539 Cedar Creek Road, Rostraver. Membership applications from men and women will be accepted. Details: 724-984-6611 or rostraversca.org
• Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will host a free concert at 7 p.m. June 20 in the gazebo at the Diamond. The featured group will be the Blairsville Community Band. In case of inclement weather, an announcement will be made by 5 p.m. to move the concert into Town Hall or to cancel. Check Visit Ligonier on Facebook.
• The Greensburg Coin Club Coin Show will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 20 at Circleville Fire Hall, 129 Robbins Station Road, North Huntingdon.
• Laurelville Christian Retreat Center, 941 Laurelville Lane, Mt. Pleasant Township, will host a Family Fun Walk at 10 a.m. June 26 at the Welcome Center building. Learn about hydration and sugar content in popular beverages. Walking sticks encouraged and dress to walk in the woods. Rain or shine. Cost: $5. Reservations required. Reservations: visit the community events tab at Laurelville.org. Questions: [email protected]
• A free Father’s Day fishing derby will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 20 at Twin Lakes Park. Registration begins at 7 a.m. at the boathouse on the lower lake. Contestants must be registered by noon to be eligible to win a prize. First and second prize trophies and merchandise will be awarded for the longest trout, longest carp and longest other fish of legal size in both adult and youth categories. Fishermen 16 and older must display a valid 2021 Pa. fishing license. Details: co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks
Submissions from nonprofit organizations for Briefly Speaking can be emailed to [email protected] triblive.com. Include a complete address and daytime phone number. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee.
#Westmoreland #happenings #include #computer #classes #coin #show #concert