1. Weekly COVID-19 Media Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich and County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD) and on Facebook and County Cable Montgomery.
💻 County Executive @Marc_Elrich, @MoCoDHHS‘ Dr. Travis Gayles, @ReadyMontgomery‘s Dr. Earl Stoddard and @777Vote‘s Dr. Gilberto Zelaya will meet with reporters virtually at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow. Watch the media briefing live @CountyCableMoCo. Details: https://t.co/HfGldODEjf. pic.twitter.com/xRTOiIgOhx
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) October 20, 2020
2. Free COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County offers free coronavirus testing at seven clinics today. Check here for a list of times and locations.
3. Free Flu Shot Clinic: Montgomery County is offering a free flu shot clinic from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the White Oak Community Recreation Center.
Montgomery County is sponsoring flu vaccination clinics:
💉 Oct. 21 at White Oak Rec Center
💉 Oct. 28 at Universities at Shady Grove parking garage.
💉 Nov. 7 at Dennis Avenue Health Center in Silver Spring
💉 Nov. 21 at Dennis Avenue Health Center.https://t.co/cyKtajTXA5
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) October 16, 2020
4. Office of Procurement Open House: The county’s Office of Procurement is holding an online open house from 10-11 a.m. so you can learn more about procurement opportunities.
Our October Online Open House is Wednesday, October 21 from 10-11am. Join us to learn more about procurement opportunities and meet the procurement team! https://t.co/aoZfj1FtOA @MontgomeryCoMD @MoCoCouncilMD @think_moco @CountyCableMoCo pic.twitter.com/i416Nr63u5
— Montgomery County MD Office of Procurement (@MoCoProcure) October 12, 2020
5. Work-From-Home Safety Reminder: Montgomery County Fire and Rescue (MCFRS) Spokesperson Pete Piringer reminds residents to be careful with their extension cords. Don’t get tangled up- it’s a fire hazard!
Extension cords are so convenient that that they’re easy to misuse.Keep an eye on your outlets.
Know the limits of your powerstrip & extension cord.
Don’t let cords get pinched against the wall by furniture
A floor covered in cable spaghetti isn’t just ugly-it’s a fire hazard. pic.twitter.com/k7f0ejEtNB
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) October 20, 2020
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
#Today #Oct #Montgomery #County