PERKIOMEN TOWNSHIP, PA — One person was rescued after a Perkiomen Township home was engulfed in flames over the weekend.
The incident occurred on Saturday, Feb. 20 at around 2:24 p.m. on the 500 block of King Road.
When first responders arrived on the scene the two story home was covered in flames, the Skippack Fire Company reported.
One person was trapped on the second floor of the home, and authorities had to work quickly to find the individual and bring them to safety.
6ABC reports the resident was a woman in a wheelchair, helpless to escape until firefighters arrived.
She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The fire was brought under control by 3:12 p.m., authorities said.
It’s not yet clear was caused the incident.
The Perkiomen Township Fire and Skippack Fire Company were joined by other municipalities in responding to the scene.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful. This is a space for friendly local discussions. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name, and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your replies stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
#Rescued #Weekend #Blaze #Perkiomen #Twp #Home